St. Joachim’s Roman Catholic Church is a red-brick church situated on a portion of two lots in Edmonton’s Oliver neighbourhood. Completed in 1899, the building manifests the strong influence of late nineteenth century French-Canadian church architecture. Prominent features of the red-brick church include a symmetrical front facade, gable roof, projecting central tower flanked by shorter corner towers, round-arched windows, and stone keystones, string courses, and sills.
Photos of previous St Joachim churches built by the Oblates, the first dating from 1859, are at the end of this section.
1 of 52