The Romanesque (curved top) windows were originally made in the 1950s for a convent chapel in the tiny town of Forget, Saskatchewan. After the convent was closed around 1960, the heavy panels were stored in his porch by Father Herve Vallee of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan for more than forty years. Father Herve revealed his treasure to Patrick Burns during a visit in 2004.
Campion acquired the windows in 2005.
The French Rault studio, uniquely among glass artists, used two forms of stained glass: conventional painted vitreous enamel for the figure, and dalle de verre (aka slab or faceted glass). The panels hover as if free of gravity in front of the original (and fortuitous) corner glazing.
Regina is fortunate to have a Jesuit chapel with one of eight Rault installations (1948 to 1977), notably Holy Rosary Cathedral, Blessed Sacrament and Saint Anthony churches. (1948 to 1977) A search for “rault” will identify many more Rault installations in Canada. (single term search only)
7 of 21