The Cathedral is the third All Saints’ church to occupy the present site. The first was erected in 1896. On December 20, 1919 a fire broke out and the church was destroyed. After this disaster a start was made on a new Cathedral and a crypt was constructed and opened for worship in 1921. This served the congregation for thirty-four years as plans were made to build on to the crypt; however, the foundations and walls were not strong enough to support a large structure. The present building was completed in 1956, after tearing down the structure built in 1921. It was was finally given the permanent status of cathedral.
2 of 51