The BC Permanent & Loan Company opened its doors here in 1907, designed to impress its clients, as many banks did in that era. In 1935, the Bank of Canada moved in for several decades. Other occupants over a the century included most recently, a large locksmith’s store.
“The Permanent” was restored in 2016 as a multi-purpose venue, bringing a landmark heritage space back to the community.
1 of 14