The Parish of All Saints’ was founded in 1875 by The Reverend Canon William Newton, the first known Anglican missionary to the Edmonton area.
The Cathedral is the third All Saints’ church to occupy the present site. The first was erected in 1896. On December 20, 1919 a fire broke out and the church was destroyed. After this disaster a start was made on a new Cathedral and a crypt was constructed and opened for worship in 1921. This served the congregation for thirty-four years as plans were made to build on to the crypt; however, the foundations and walls were not strong enough to support a large structure. The present building was completed in 1956, and finally gained the permanent status of cathedral.
1 of 51