Erected a century ago, the venue is named after the BC Permanent & Loan Company, which first opened its doors in 1907. In 1935, the Bank of Canada called this place home, leaving its mark for decades to come. In 2016, The Permanent was completely restored, bringing a landmark heritage space back to the community.
The original Bank of Canada vault door still stands tall at the head of the main hall, with the stunningly beautiful stained glass atrium overhead. Other historic elements are found throughout – in the crown mouldings, the bronze chandeliers, and the tile mosaics.
2 of 14